We currently have a selection of several styles of wigs that qualify as cranial prosthesis. All of the wigs we carry on our website can be custom made to any hair style, hair length, hair color, hair texture, cap material, and cap size of your choosing. If you are allergic to certain materials or have medical side effects such as head lesions, we are able to alter of our wig caps so they can be comfortable for your wear. A wig is considered to be a cranial prosthesis when it is custom and made to address the medical issues of the individual whom will be wearing the wig. Each and every wig we make is custom made and we will address any concerns you may have to make sure all of your medical needs are met.
The price of a good, quality well made cranial prosthesis can be expensive. It is important that you work with a company that is familiar with the insurance process and able to assist you in a timely and professional matter. All of the cranial prosthesis we carry are handmade or machine sewn from only 100% human hair. Our cranial prosthesis can be colored, dyed, permed, curled, flat iron - anything you can do with your own hair you can do with our wigs. We offer wig caps that can be worn for weeks at a time and also wigs that you can take off each and every night. You can wear our cranial prosthesis with or without adhesive and you will not need a professional to install our wigs for you. We offer our cranial prosthesis in sizes of small to extra-large and we can also make your wig, with actual measurements you may take of your head. When it comes times to select a cranial prosthesis, we will help you choose a wig that is made to look and feel natural. You will be able to part your new wig anywhere and it will be able to be worn in a high or low ponytail.
For payment we are able to accept FSA/HSA/ & WageWorks Benefit Cards.
And several medical insurance carriers.
The process of dealing with hair loss can be emotionally traumatic and hard to deal with. At lavishingluxsimports.com we have compassionate representatives whom work daily with clients who are experiencing hair loss. We strive to find the best solution that will make you feel comfortable and help you transition into a hair system that will look and feel natural.
Chemotherapy Hair Loss
The experienced, caring hair loss experts at LavishingLuxs Hair Imports understand that chemotherapy-related hair loss can be overwhelming.Our goal is to take the stress out of selecting a hair loss solution. Because your hairstyle is as individual as you are, we tailor a custom hair loss package for your unique needs.We believe that when you feel comfortable with and confident about your appearance, you can focus on what’s most important – the healing process.That is why we have created our own special process designed to walk you through each step of selecting your perfect hair loss solution.You will find an unmatched selection of products designed specifically for chemotherapy patients at LavishingLuxs Hair Imports, including:
- Human Hair
- 100% Comfortable Hand and Machine Sewn wigs available
- Replacement Eyebrows and Eyelashes (Coming Soon)
- Wig Caps and Liners
Insurance questions? We are happy to help you determine and receive your insurance benefits for a wig.Our chemotherapy hair loss consultations are free, with no obligation. We highly recommend making an appointment so that you can have a private, relaxed experience. Email us today!
Alopecia Hair Loss
Alopecia (pronounced al-oh-PEA-sha) simply means hair loss. It can refer to a number of conditions that cause partial to total hair loss.
There are different types of Alopecia:
- Alopecia Areata is a hair-loss disease that affects men, women and children. Although not completely understood, Alopecia areata is generally believed to be an autoimmune condition which causes patchy hair loss.The onset is often sudden, without warning. It usually begins with a small, completely bald patch on the scalp, beard or body about the size of a half dollar, with very distinct borders. It can resolve on its own and never return, or it can recur or even progress to total hair loss. The unpredictability of Alopecia Areata can be very frustrating.
- Alopecia Totalis is a more advanced form of alopecia areata which results in total loss of all hair on the scalp.
- Alopecia Universalis is the most advanced form of alopecia areata which results in total loss of all hair on the body, including eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Androgenetic Alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness. It is a hereditary form of hair loss and is the most common type of progressive hair loss.
- Scarring Alopecias, also known as cicatricial alopecias, refers to a group of rare disorders which cause permanent hair loss.
- Traction Alopecia is usually due to excessive pulling or tension on hair shafts as a result of certain hair styles. Prolonged traction alopecia can stop new hair follicles developing and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Anagen Effluvium. This hair loss is generally a side effect of medication, such as chemotherapy. Once the drug therapy is stopped, the hair normally grows back (usually about 6 months later). Other drugs also can cause hair loss. Many medicines used to treat even common diseases can cause hair loss.
- Telogen Effluvium A form of hair loss where more than normal amounts of hair fall out. There is a general ‘thinning’ of the hair. Unlike some other hair and scalp conditions, it is temporary and the hair growth usually recovers. Telogen Effluvium can be caused by hormonal shifts, such as pregnancy, childbirth and menopause, or due to emotional or physical stress (such a surgery.)
Will My Insurance Cover a Wig?
LavishingLuxs Hair Imports is happy to help you submit your claim with your insurance company.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Some insurance policies cover wigs and some do not. Coverage depends on the terms, benefits and exclusions of your individual insurance policy.
- Medicare, Medicare Replacement Plans, Medicare Supplements and Medicaid do not cover wigs.
- You should check your benefits beforehand to determine your coverage, as well as deductible and co-insurance information, whether you need pre-authorization, and whether you are need to go to an in-network provider.
- Coverage can vary depending on your diagnosis, for example, some policies may cover for chemotherapy but not for alopecia. You will want to give them your diagnosis code when you call (You can obtain this from your doctor)
- Always write down the reference number, the representative’s name, the date and time of each call.